On September 14-18, the annual Northern Permaculture and Building Resilient Communities Convergence will be held at the Solar Living Institute in Hopland, California. The Local Clean Energy Alliance will present a workshop on Sunday, September 18th on Community Choice as a powerful vehicle for democratizing energy, spurring local sustainable economic development, and building more resilient communities.
The Convergence is a combined effort of the 2nd Annual North American Permaculture Convergence and the 11th Northern California Permaculture Convergence. The gathering is intended as an inspirational five days of intensive focus on a common goal: to design, build, and strengthen regenerative communities and habitats, in accordance with nature, for humans, plants, animals, the greater bioregion, and the Earth at large.
The Convergence will bring together an estimated 1000 individuals from not only Northern California, but the greater United States, Canada, Mexico, countries from the Caribbean, Central America and beyond.
- SKILL SHARES: Homesteading, Natural Building, Seed Saving, Food Production, Fermenting, Herbal Medicine-Making, and Many More!
- BIOREGIONAL NETWORKING: Connect with old friends, cross-pollinate, and make new connections with other allies in your local region and beyond.
- CHILDCARE AVAILABLE: The Convergence is Family friendly event! Bring your kids to the Youth Convergence offering childcare + a creative, fun, educational experience.
- DELICIOUS FOOD: Community kitchen, affordable local cuisine!
- VILLAGE COMMONS: A model resilience community including a marketplace to buy local artisan products, and interactive craftsmen and women.
- MUSIC & AFTER-HOURS ENTERTAINMENT: Tons of live music and performances TBA, and of course the Ultimate Permaculture Passion Show and other after-hours magic!
- ON-SITE CAMPING: Experience the after-hours magic at the beautiful Solar Living Institute Grounds.
VENUE - SOLAR LIVING INSTITUTE
The Convergence will be hosted at the Solar Living Institute in Hopland CA (approximately two hours north of San Francisco), a beautiful 12-acre renewable energy and sustainable living demonstration site that is visited by 200,000 people annually. The site includes organic gardens, ponds, natural buildings, biodiesel fueling station, Real Goods Store, and the Solar 2000 - one of northern California's largest solar arrays providing 160,000 kWh of clean renewable energy annually.
JOIN THE CONVERGENCE COALITION!
As a Partner, your business will receive exposure at one of the most leading-edge North American conferences of whole systems sustainability development and community resilience, reach an online audience of 200-400K+, and your donation will support our Equity & Inclusion Scholarship Fund.
“Diversity is a core principle in creating living systems. That’s why I’m glad the Permaculture community is working hard to include more people of color and youth at the upcoming Building Resilient Communities Convergence. Cultural diversity will lead to a better conference which will produce a more resilient movement.”
- Van Jones - Bestselling Author, Founder of Green For All, Rebuild The Dream & Ella Baker Center for Human Rights
GET TICKETS NOW!
EARLY BIRD PRICING AVAILABLE NOW FOR A LIMITED TIME!
We are offering both Single Day and Full Five-Day tickets.
Check out our pre- and post Convergence tours to some of the Bay Area’s most iconic permaculture site, run by Bay Area Green Tours.
Whether you are a seasoned permaculturalist, a transition town activist, a community organizer, or just wanting to learn game-changing skills to live more successfully and in greater harmony with people and the planet and find community in the process, this Convergence is for you!